Model 9690 - Density Meter
Rhosonics offers non-nuclear, non-intrusive ultrasonic density meters for all kinds of slurries. Rhosonics has introduced a new model in 2016, the SDM Slurry Density Meter. This model replaces the predecessor: Model 9690. Click here for more information about the SDM Slurry Density Meter.
Model 9690 is specially designed for the mining industry and for slurry density measurement. In order to measure the density of slurries, it is customary to use nuclear density meters, especially when inline measurement of very large pipes and high densities are needed. However, government regulations, as well as the need to reduce the production of nuclear waste, it is becoming increasingly important to find non-nuclear alternatives.
By monitoring the acoustic impedance of a slurry, this model can measure the density of the slurry in-situ and inline. The density sensor is made from PEEK and stainless steel. Slurries in pipes with a diameter of up to even 30” can be measured with a Rhosonics density meter. The ultrasonic sensor can be installed using a UHPE wafer, which is very corrosion resistant. There are numerous applications, but typical ones include mining and mineral slurries and dredging slurries.
Please also take a look at our newest model, the Slurry Density Meter (SDM).
- Building Materials, Mining, Metals & Mineral Processing, Dredging, Energy, Oil and Gas, Pulp and Paper,
- Inline density measurement
- TSS (total suspended solids measurement)
- Acoustic impedance
- Temperature (ultrasonic)
Possible sensor installations:
- UMCS Sensor Series
- UFTW Series
- UWC Series
- Max pressure: 25 bar
- Material: PEEK and/or Stainless steel
- Process connection: DIN/ANSI/ and others on request
- Temperature range: 0-80 °C
- Wetted parts: 316L and/or PEEK
Readout and Housing:
- Weatherproof housing/Explosion proof housing/Split Unit housing
- 5,7” Color Touch Screen
- Main screen with following characters;
- Temperature & Density displayed
- Power supply: 24VDC or 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
- Communication: 4-20mA, RS485/RS422 using Modbus
Optional: Ethernet, HART, Profibus
- USB for data logging
- Density accuracy: up to 0.005 (S.G.)
- Temperature accuracy: +/- 0.1 °C
- Response time: 0-90 s (adjustable)