Rhosonics develops special installation method for SDM
Posted on Thursday, 20 June 2019 at 12:19
Rhosonics has designed a new pipe piece for the non-nuclear Slurry Density Meter (SDM). This UFTP (Ultrasonic Flow Through Pipe) is an improvement over the previous spool. The UFTP has a number of advantages:
- The UFTP is custom-made. The pipe piece is adjusted to the pipe diameter and pipe material of the customer. This means that, in slurry applications, the wearing/erosion of our installation method is the same as the customer’s pipe.
- The UFTP is available in multiple versions made of Steel, HDPE and with/without liner.
- The distance between the sensor and the flange is larger. This makes the flow more stable at the measuring location (where the sensor is built in).
- The sensor is guaranteed flush-mounted (flush with the pipe). This means that the flow is not affected or disturbed.
- This development ultimately ensures better measurement results in the long term (longer service life of the sensor).
The first pipe piece with liner has been tested at a mineral processing plant in Brazil (see the picture above). This pipe piece was developed and sold by our Brazilian representative, Yellow Solutions. These experiences have been used for the design of the UFTP by Rhosonics.